At Texas Health Action (THA), we are passionate about changing the face of healthcare by making biomedical interventions and services for sexual health and wellness accessible. We serve our patients with an amazing team of clinicians, staff and volunteers who dedicate their time and expertise to see patients within a combination of weekday and weekend hours. We removed the primary barriers to healthcare, lack of health insurance and/or personal income, by accepting both insured and uninsured patients. Read more about the clinic, initiatives and THA here: kindclinic.org and texashealthaction.org
THA is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, at our Central Austin Clinic and telehealth service, to evaluate, plan and provide care for patients in consultation with and under direct supervision of the attending Physician.
The ideal candidate for the NP/PA role maintains effective communication with patients, staff and physicians; provides patient care in a competent, professional and courteous manner; and keeps abreast of current research and incorporates relevant findings into specific areas of clinical practice.
What you would do:
- Performs clinical procedures under direction of attending Physician and according to approved protocols
- Performs a wide range of activities, which include but not limited to: assessment, history & physical, recommendations for patient plan of care
- Monitors patient progress
- Maintains patient medical records according to established standards
- Maintains communication with the supervisory physician(s) and attending physician to review patient records and care plans on a routine basis
- Ability to collaborate with attending physicians, facility staff members and other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family
- Ability to work independently-Interacts as a team member with all levels of clinical staff
- This is a full-time, exempt position requiring 40 hours a week with some night and weekend hours.
How you would describe your skills:
- Listening is one of your key strengths. You are also able to manage highly confidential information and situations with the utmost discretion
- You are the model of the organization’s values and people can readily point to you as an example of how to ‘be’
- You “love” what you do
- You like to plan, but you are ok with plans changing and can effectively help others manage change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You consistently meet or beat deadlines in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- You are able to organize daily workload by priorities
- You have great attention to detail while able to see the bigger picture
- You have a passion and connection to the communities we serve
- You are adaptable and able to manage change
- You understand when it is prudent to seek outside expertise
- Your friends describe your personality as “positively contagious”
- You balance People and Process
- You value great benefits and a mission driven work culture
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective verbal, written and electronic communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform physical tasks related to office administration (such as seeing, sitting, typing, standing, walking, turning, reaching, bending, stooping, and turning during the course of the day)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
Your previous work life and education must include:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing or Physician Assistant’s Program
- Unrestricted and valid license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the State of Texas
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registrations IIIV for the purpose of writing prescriptions.
- Current (CPR) certification
- Working knowledge of HIPAA regulations
Your previous work life and education ideally include:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Working knowledge of Athena electronic medical record software
- Working knowledge of healthcare insurance preferred
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
Interested applicants may submit resume and apply online by clicking here.
EOE Statement: Texas Health Action is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.