At Texas Health Action (THA), we are passionate about changing the face of healthcare in Austin by making biomedical interventions and services for sexual health and wellness accessible. We serve our patients with an amazing team of clinicians, staff and volunteers who dedicate their time and expertise to see patients within a combination of weekday and weekend hours. We removed the primary barriers to healthcare, lack of health insurance and/or personal income, by accepting both insured and uninsured patients and by providing services at no cost to the patient. Read more about the clinic, initiatives and THA here: kindclinic.org and texashealthaction.org.
Texas Health Action is currently seeking a Chief Operations Officer (COO) who serves as a key member of the executive leadership team. The COO will report to and work directly with the CEO and work with the Board of Directors in our Austin HQ. They will further the mission and vision of THA by driving operational excellence, standards, and processes so we can better serve our community and stakeholders.
What you would do:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to Texas Health Action’s staff and model the adopted mission and core vision and values of the organization.
- Drive the organization to achieve and surpass organizational productivity goals, improving cash flow, and meeting all funding and regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership in the development of continuous performance improvement systems.
- Lead the measurement and effectiveness of all internal and external processes, including KPIs. Use data to make decisions and drive performance.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company to the Board of Directors, CEO and executive leadership.
- Support the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies, processes and new programs and/or service lines.
- Collaborate with the CEO and executive leadership team to develop and implement plans for operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate strategic objectives of the organization.
- Select and maintain qualified personnel in all positions who report directly to him/her/them.
- Assure staff performance results by coaching, counseling, mentoring, planning, monitoring and evaluating job performance.
- Foster a success-oriented and accountable environment within the organization.
- Represent the organization at community functions and increase visibility of the organization within the communities it serves.
- Act as a guide for all employees, volunteers and peers.
- Negotiate and manage high level vendor contracts as needed.
- Serve as the HIPAA Privacy Officer for the organization.
- Serve as a key member of the 340B compliance team.
How you describe your skills:
- You have a passion and connection to the communities we serve
- Thoughtfully able to deliver extraordinary ideas and strategies – you can help paint the big picture but develop and execute the details (ability to strategize and deliver tactically)
- You like to plan, but you are ok with plans changing and can effectively help others manage change
- Your friends describe your personality as “positively contagious”
- Listening is one of your key strengths
- You are the model of the organization’s values and people can readily point to you as an example of how to ‘be’
- You can conduct a hard conversation and still maintain respect and dignity throughout
- Approaches leadership through a mindset of service
- You “love” what you do, you seek to serve mission
- You are a natural caretaker
- You balance People and Process
- You like North Austin near 183/Steck/Mopac
- You value great benefits and a mission driven work culture
Your previous work life and education must include:
- 5+ years in a director, “C-Level,” or other operational role in health care
- Managing 5+ direct reports
- Board Level or similar interactions of some form
- Contract review and negotiation for services
- Use of data for decision making and driving performance
Your previous work life and education ideally would include:
- Master’s Degree preferred (e.g. MHA, MPH, MBA, MSN, etc)
- Working with a team to develop strategy
- Demonstrable results in increasing patient value (measuring and improving patient outcomes)
- Leadership/management of outpatient clinic or hospital based clinic
- Prior experience in a non-profit organization
- Knowledge of or experience with 3rd party payors, government payors, and revenue cycle operations
- Knowledge of or experience with the 340B pharmaceutical program
- Experience in leading rapid growth teams and scaling operations
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter along with their salary requirements to our recruiting partner: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference COO in your subject line.
EOE Statement: Texas Health Action is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.