Texas Health Action (THA) is an Austin based non-profit that, through its Kind Clinic, provides sexual health services, including PrEP and PEP access, STI testing and treatment, HIV testing, and gender affirming care to Central Texans in need. Since 2015, Texas Health Action has promoted and provided sexual wellness by empowering the entire community through education, healthcare, and research. For more information on Texas Health Action or the Kind Clinic, please visit www.texashealthaction.org.
THA seeks a full-time, entry-level administrative professional to join our Finance and Operations team at the Kind Clinic. Working with the Finance and Operations Director, this individual will help us build a rock-solid infrastructure upon which other areas of the fast-pace, mission focused start-up organization can always depend. The Finance and Operations Assistant will provide responsible and complex administrative support in the day-to-day business operations of the organization while maintaining a steadfast focus on providing excellent customer service.
Texas Health Action is an equal opportunity employer and, because we recognize the significant contribution that each employee makes to our success, offers competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including agency-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, in order to recruit the right people.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Make routine purchases and proactively maintain office supply inventory. Explore most economical vendor relationships and methods for regular purchases.
- Obtain, accurately code, and file all vendor bills, lease payments, and credit card transactions. Ensure proper approvals are in place prior to preparing checks for signature. Research and resolve payment issues in a timely manner.
- Collect timesheets for bi-weekly payroll. Review timesheets for completeness and appropriate approvals before forwarding for processing. – – Reconcile employee benefits invoices and process all payroll related payables. Assist with maintaining employee files and completing any employee onboarding paperwork, as needed.
- Accurately log and record revenues (pharmacy sales, grant payments, and donations) and prepare regular deposits. Prepare acknowledgements and/or gift receipts for donations.
- Assist with monthly reconciliation and reporting activities. Respond to information requests from managers and provide regular updates on open issues or ongoing projects.
- Receive facility maintenance requests from staff and route to the appropriate landlord or building manager. Monitor progress of resolution until complete.
- Receive, open, and route mail. Provide backup for receptionist and phone duties.
Required Qualifications and Keys to Success:
- Associate’s Degree in a field related to the job duties plus one year of experience with clerical and basic accounting functions, OR at least two years of experience with clerical and basic accounting functions.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, use good judgement, and enforce adherence to policies and procedures.
- Solid analytical and technical skills.
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation to efficiently run errands and visit various worksites within city.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities with a smile.
- Nonprofit or healthcare experience.
- Experience with Quickbooks.
- All of the above alongside a sense of humor and passion for our mission will ensure you the superstar status you probably deserve.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact via any other method.