Texas Health Action (THA) is an Austin based non-profit that, through its Kind Clinic, provides sexual health services, including PrEP and PEP access, STI testing and treatment, HIV testing, and gender affirming care to Central Texans in need. Since 2015, Texas Health Action has promoted and provided sexual wellness by empowering the entire community through education, healthcare, and research. For more information on Texas Health Action or the Kind Clinic, please visit www.texashealthaction.org.
The Kind Clinic is seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator to serve as a liaison and bridge builder with diverse community groups using culturally effective strategies to promote a stronger link with our community by coordinating outreach activities intended to disseminate information about our programs as well as gather information about the needs of the community and, strengthening support for our programs via recruiting and organizing volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of Outreach Strategy
- Achieves strategic outreach planning for the recruitment of a diverse array of volunteers by using a pro-active and innovative approach to educating interested persons and companies about Kind Clinic
- Actively recruits potential volunteers within populations we serve
- Collaborates with other communications staff on the development of creative pieces that target potential volunteers (website, postcards, direct mail pieces, flyers etc.).
- Researches and implements creative ways to promote the mission of Kind Clinic and implement a soft-sell recruitment approach at all appropriate special events.
- Creates and distributes material on various communication channels (newsletter, website, social media)
- 2-3 years’ experience in recruitment, marketing, public relations, volunteer management, or community outreach. Creative thinker with innovative recruitment ideas
- Experience with nonprofit and working with volunteers
- Flexible availability to attend community events on nights/weekends as needed
- Measurable experience in networking and initiating contacts
- Experience coordinating presentations and public speaking
- Proven skills in organizing and managing information, events and meetings
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- Proven experience in juggling multiple tasks and prioritizing deadlines
- Needs to be confident, flexible and responsible
- Computer and collection of data experience
- Social media marketing experience
- General knowledge of HIV / PrEP services
- Must have a great sense of humor
Job Type: Full-time Salary: $45,000 to $50,000 /year Required experience:
- Nonprofit: 2 years
- Volunteer Recruitment: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s License
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com